Results midweek eliminated Colorado from playoff contention. San Jose will look to continue its Supporters' Shield charge.
|Colorado Rapids (4-4-2): Pickens; Freeman, Moor, Wynne, Zapata; Rivero, Thomas, Larentowicz, Castrillon; Casey, Cummings.
OUT: DF Anthony Wallace (L Achilles tear); MF Pablo Mastroeni (headaches); FW Edu (R foot contusion)
PROBABLE: FW Omar Cummings (R ankle soreness); FW Conor Casey (R knee soreness); FW Tony Cascio (L ankle sprain); MF Brian Mullan (L hamstring strain)
|San Jose Earthquakes (4-4-2): Busch; Beitashour, Hernandez, Morrow, Corrales; Chavez, Cronin, Baca, Salinas; Wondolowski, Gordon.
OUT: MF Mehdi Ballouchy (L knee ACL tear); GK David Bingham (R wrist sprain); MF Cesar Diaz Pizarro (R groin strain); DF Tim Ward (L non-specific soft tissue injury)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Simon Dawkins (R ankle sprain); DF Ike Opara (concussion symptoms)
PROBABLE: MF Sam Garza (R ankle sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The Earthquakes lead MLS with 61 points with three games remaining in the regular season. San Jose has scored nine goals in stoppage time this year, which has resulted in 13 extra points.
- Steven Lenhart's double in the 3-3 draw with FC Dallas moved him up to 10 goals this season. San Jose is the first team since 2002 and eighth team in league history to boast three double-digit scorers in a year.
- Chris Wondolowski, who leads MLS with 22 goals, won the league's player of the month award for September. Alan Gordon, with 13 goals, leads the league in goals per 90 minutes, at 0.95.
- Colorado is already eliminated from the playoffs. The Rapids have won against the 'Quakes just once in the past eight meetings. San Jose won the previous two encounters this year.
- Victor Bernárdez will miss this match due to suspension through yellow card accumulation.