The battle for Rocky Mountain supremacy is set for its second skirmish of the season, after a draw back in March.
|Colorado Rapids (4-3-3): Irwin; Mullan, Wynne, O’Neill, Klute; Thomas, LaBrocca, Powers; Casio, Buddle, Brown.
OUT: Diego Calderon (R knee surgery), Jaime Castrillon (R knee surgery), Pablo Mastroeni (L quad strain), Martin Rivero (R foot fracture), Matt Pickens (L arm fracture)
QUESTIONABLE: Edson Buddle (R knee soreness), Jamie Smith (hamstring tightness), Anthony Wallace (L groin strain)
|Real Salt Lake (4-4-2): Rimando; Beltran, Borchers, Schuler, Mansally; Palmer, Beckerman, Grabavoy, Velasquez; Findley, Sandoval.||
OUT: Carlos Salcedo (concussion), Cole Grossman (concussion), Chris Wingert (R knee soreness), David Viana (R quad strain)
QUESTIONABLE: Javier Morales (R knee menisectomy), Khari Stephenson (L knee sprain), Rich Balchan (L groin strain), Alvaro Saborio (R knee swelling)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- These two teams contest the Rocky Mountain Cup. Real Salt Lake currently holds the trophy, having won it last season for a record sixth consecutive year.
- RSL captain and former Rapids player Kyle Beckerman has been on the winning side of the Rocky Mountain Cup in every year since the trophy's inception in 2005.
- These two teams met once already this season, drawing 1-1 at Rio Tinto Stadium on March 16. This second leg of the Rocky Mountain Cup, and the third meeting on Aug. 3 will be played at Dick's Sporting Goods Park
- Colorado goalkeeper Matt Pickens broke his arm early in the first match between the two, and has yet to return to action. Rookie keeper Clint Irwin has covered the Rapids' net-minding duties, making nine saves and allowing four goals in 263 minutes of play.
- Colorado is still searching for its first win of 2013.