The Rocky Mountain Cup returns to Colorado with the Rapids looking for a first win against RSL in nine meetings.
|Colorado Rapids (4-4-2): Pickens; Freeman, Moor, Wynne, Zapata; Thompson, Larentowicz, Rivero, Mullan; Casey, Hill.
OUT: DF Anthony Wallace (L Achilles tear); MF Pablo Mastroeni (headaches)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Edu (R foot contusion)
PROBABLE: FW Conor Casey (L hamstring tightness); FW Omar Cummings (L hamstring tightness)
|Real Salt Lake (4-4-2): Rimando; Beltran, Watson-Siriboe, Borchers, Wingert; Beckerman, Johnson, Steele, Gil; Espindola, Saborio.
OUT: DF Chris Schuler (L foot bone stress response); GK Lalo Fernandez (R wrist stress fracture)
PROBABLE: DF Jamison Olave (L hamstring strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Real Salt Lake trails San Jose atop the MLS standings by two points, with 42 points from 23 games. Colorado, a full 20 points back, is in seventh in the Western Conference.
- The Rapids haven't beaten Salt Lake in eight games. Since May 2009, RSL has won four and drawn four against its Rocky Mountain rivals.
- Salt Lake leads the league with 10 goals between the 46th and 60th minutes.
- Matt Pickens leads the league with 79 saves. He also leads the league with 13 losses, two more than the closes goalkeeper.
- Jamison Olave and Alvaro Saborio are one booking away from a suspension. Saborio has scored six of RSL's seven goals over the last four games. He's tied for second in MLS with 13 goals overall.