Danny Mwanga, who started his professional career with Philly, could make his Colorado debut against his former club.
|Colorado Rapids (4-3-3): Pickens; Wynne, Moor, Calderon, Mullan; Mastroeni, Thomas, Smith; Cascio, Brown, Harbottle.
OUT: Edson Buddle (knee), Martin Rivero (R foot fracture), Jaime Castrillon (knee surgery)
|Philadelphia Union (4-2-3-1): MacMath; Williams, Okugo, Parke, Gaddis; Lahoud, Carroll; G. Farfan, M.Farfan, Le Toux; Casey.
- Conor Casey will play against his hometown team for the first time since 2007 following an offseason trade.
- The last time Sebastien Le Toux started against Colorado, he scored the one and only goal. However, the Rapids have won their last nine home openers.
- The Rapids have three wins and two ties in five all-time meetings against the Union.
- Weather forecast predicts that Saturday will include the first use of the rare orange ball this season. Dick’s Sporting Goods Park is expecting up to 10 inches of snow on Saturday.
- Neither team made it to the playoffs in 2012. Union finished with 36 points, eighth in Eastern Conference. Rapids finished with 37 points, seventh in the Western Conference. Also, both sides lost their season openers.