In the first ever MLS meeting between these two teams Montreal heads to Colorado fresh off signing the first Designated Player in club history.
|Colorado Rapids (4-4-2): Pickens; Kimura, Marshall, Moor, Zapata; Mullan, Larentowicz, Rivero, Castrillon; Casey, Cummings.
OUT: DF Anthony Wallace (L Achilles tear); MF Pablo Mastroeni (headaches); MF Ross LaBauex (sports hernia); DF Marvell Wynne (R hamstring strain); FW Omar Cummings (L ankle sprain)
DOUBTFUL: MF Brian Mullan (L knee sprain); FW Conor Casey (R hamstring strain)
PROBABLE: MF Jamie Smith (R ACL tear)
|Montreal Impact (4-4-2): Ricketts; Brovsky, Ferrari, Rivas, Wahl; Arnaud, Felipe, Warner, Nyassi; Corradi, Montano.
OUT: DF Josh Gardner (L hamstring tendinitis); FW Evan James (nose fracture)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Zarek Valentin (R calf contusion); MF Justin Mapp (R calf strain)
PROBABLE: MF Sinisa Ubiparipovic (L groin strain); M Felipe (L groin strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Jesse Marsch holds the record for most all-time fouls in MLS with 477. Colorado's Brian Mullan and Tyrone Marshall are seventh and ninth, respectively, could surpass him this season by averaging over 1.5 fouls a game.
- The Impact have been awarded four penalties this season, the most of any team in MLS. The last was scored by Bernardo Corradi, who has four goals in the last six games.
- Montreal has 12 points from 12 games and sits eighth in the East. Colorado has 16 points from 12 games, good enough for fifth in the West.
- Both teams were in action at home a week ago. Colorado drew 2-2 with Sporting Kansas City and Montreal lost 1-2 to New York.
- This week Montreal signed its first Designated Player - Italian striker Marco Di Vaio.