The reigning champion looks to get their season back on track after a slow start, while Colorado tries to compete in a crowded Western Conference.
|Colorado Rapids (4-2-3-1): Pickens; Kimura, Wynne, Moor, Zapata; Larentowicz, Castrillon; Mullan, LaBauex, Cascio; Cummings.
OUT: MF Jamie Smith (R ACL tear); DF Anthony Wallace (L Achilles tear); MF Pablo Mastroeni (headaches)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Conor Casey (L Achilles tear); DF Eddie Ababio (concussion)
PROBABLE: MF Ross LaBauex (sports hernia)
|Los Angeles Galaxy (4-4-2): Saunders; Franklin, Lopes, Meyer, Dunivant; Donovan, Juninho, Stevens, Magee; Keane, Buddle.
OUT: DF Omar Gonzalez (L knee surgery); DF Leonardo (R knee surgery); GK Brian Perk (sports hernia surgery)
QUESTIONABLE: MF David Beckham (back spasms); DF A.J. DeLaGarza (R adductor strain); MF Michael Stephens (R ankle sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The Rapids will be glad to return to Commerce City. They've won both their home games this season, and lost three of their four away matches.
- Los Angeles has yet to score a league goal on the road this season. It was shut out by Sporting Kansas City in its only away game so far this year.
- Los Angeles defeated Colorado in both games between these two teams last season, winning 3-1 and 1-0.
- The Galaxy have been scored on in all five games they've played this season, conceding nine goals. This is a stark contrast to last year's Supporters' Shield-winning campaign, when they conceded just 28 times all season, keeping 16 clean sheets.
- Colorado hasn't lost a regular season home game since June 26, 2011.