The MLS champion is on a two-game losing skid, hoping that Brian Ching and the Houston Dynamo can't extend that streak.
Colorado Rapids (4-5-1): Pickens; Kimura, Marshall, Moor, Palguta; Mullan, Mastroeni, Larentowicz, Smith; Amarikwa, Cummings.
DOUBTFUL: FW Macoumba Kandji (L knee ACL tear)
PROBABLE: DF Marvell Wynne (R hamstring strain); GK Matt Pickens (R groin strain); MF Joseph Nane (R shoulder strain); FW Omar Cummings (R ankle sprain)
Houston Dynamo (4-4-2): Hall, Sarkodie, Taylor, Hainault, Chabala; Cruz, Cameron, Watson, Clark; Ching, Bruin.
OUT: FW Calen Carr (concussion); DF Eddie Robinson (L knee MCL sprain)
DOUBTFUL: MF Brad Davis (L adductor strain); FW Cam Weaver (R hip strain)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
Brian Mullan won two MLS Cups with Houston before joining Colorado midway through 2010, with Colin Clark going the other way. With Colorado ending up MLS champion, Mullan earned a league-record fifth championship ring.
- In 19 career regular-season games against Colorado, Houston forward Brian Ching has netted 13 goals, including his four-goal outing in the Dynamo’s first game ever in 2006.
- Houston currently ranks fifth in Major League Soccer in road defense, allowing 10 goals in eight games for a 1.25 goals against average. Following this two-game road stint, Houston plays its next three matches at home.
- President Barack Obama hosted the Rapids at the White House this week to honor the team for winning the MLS Cup in 2010.
- In the earlier matchup between these two teams, Colorado won 2-1 thanks to an 84th minute goal from defender Scott Palguta.
- Conor Casey is suspended for this match after picking up a red card in Colorado's 4-1 win over the Columbus Crew. Casey scored his fourth goal in five games against the Crew prior to his ejection.
- After a club-record nine-game undefeated streak, the Rapids have now lost back-to-back games, conceding seven goals in that time. They allowed just seven total in their unbeaten run.
- Houston midfielder Brad Davis leads Major League Soccer with nine assists on the season and is three assists away from tying his career high of 12.
- The Rapids are known for having the best fireworks show in Denver, and have a 11-2-2 Independence Day record..