The first quarterfinal clash of the Copa America sees Group A winner Colombia face its neighbor to the south, which finished as the top third-placed team.
|Colombia: Martinez; Zuniga, Yepes, Perea, Armero; Sanchez, Guarin, Aguilar, Moreno, Ramos; Falcao.
Colombia will opt for the same starting XI that earned a 2-0 victory over Bolivia in its last outing, with star striker Radamel Falcao leading the attack.
|Peru: Libman, Acasiete, Vilchez, Carmona, Rodriguez; Vargas, Cruzado, Labonton, Balbin; Guerrero, Advincula.
Juan Manuel Vargas and Paolo Guerrero are the main changes from the squad that fell 1-0 to Chile. The stars are back after receiving a breather in the final game having already qualified for the quarterfinals.
- Colombia won Group A with seven points, sending it to Cordoba for the quarterfinal contest.
- The South Americans are the only team not have conceded thus far in the Copa.
- Colombia defeated and tied with Saturday's opponent for Saturday in two games during World Cup qualifying for last year's tournament.
- A win would take Colombia to the semifinals, a place it haven't been since 2004 when it lost to Argentina 3-0.
- Falcao is Colombia's top scorer with two goals after bagging a brace in the 2-0 win over Bolivia to finish out the group stage matches.
- The winner of the contest will play the winner of Argentina and Uruguay in the next round for a spot in the final.
- Peru advanced to the quarterfinals as the top third-placed team with four points.
- The Peruvians have made the quarterfinals six consecutive times in the Copa America.
- Peru has not made it to the semifinals since the 1997 tournament when it beat Argentina 2-1 in the quarterfinals before losing 7-0 to Brazil in the last four.
Follow Goal.com on to get the latest soccer news directly. Check out Goal.com's page; be part of the best soccer fan community in the world!
- Paolo Guerrero has both of Peru's goals in the tournament so far.