The Goats have only ever scored on Vancouver in one game out of five, and still haven't beaten the Whitecaps.
|Chivas USA (3-5-2): Kennedy; de Luna, Velázquez, Burling; Avila, Mejia, Alvarez, Minda, Soto; Agudelo, Correa.
OUT: Walter Vilchez (L knee MCL sprain, L ankle sprain)
|Vancouver Whitecaps FC (4-3-3): Cannon; Young-Pyo, O'Brien, Rusin, Rochat; Davidson, Koffie, Reo-Coker; Kobayashi, Miller, Camilo.
OUT: Bryce Alderson (R knee pain), Jay DeMerit (L torn Achilles tendon), Omar Salgado (R foot pain)
- Joaquín Velázquez, who picked up the first red card of the season, had his suspension overturned, and ended up scoring the game-winning goal against the Chicago Fire last week. It was the 37-year-old's first MLS goal.
- Darren Mattocks scored his first goal of the season against the Houston Dynamo. Of his nine MLS goals, seven have come away from home. The two scored in Vancouver both came against Houston.
- In its MLS history, Vancouver has never lost to Chivas USA, winning three out of five meetings.
- Additionally, the Whitecaps have kept four clean sheets against the Goats. Chivas USA hasn't scored on Vancouver for 304 minutes.
- Under new coach Jose Luis Sanchez Sola, Chivas USA has only lost one game this season, surprisingly taking second place in the Western Conference with seven points from four games.