The league's best and worst offenses meet in the Home Depot Center with San Jose the first team to qualify for the playoffs.
|Chivas USA (4-4-2): Kennedy; Riley, Valencia, McKenzie, Jazic; Zemanski, Joseph, LaBrocca, Bolanos; Townsend, Agudelo.
QUESTIONABLE: DF Danny Califf (R hamstring strain); GK Tim Melia (lower back)
PROBABLE: MF Ryan Smith (R hamstring strain); MF Peter Vagenas (R hamstring strain)
|San Jose Earthquakes (4-4-2): Busch; Beitashour, Bernardez, Hernandez, Morrow; Chavez, Baca, Cronin, Dawkins; Gordon, Wondolowski.
OUT: MF Cesar Diaz Pizarro (R groin strain); MF Joey Gjertsen (R knee surgery); MF Sercan Guvenisik (L hamstring strain); DF Tim Ward (L non-specific soft tissue injury)
PROBABLE: DF Jason Hernandez (R hamstring strain); MF Shea Salinas (L hamstring strain); DF Jed Zayner (R quad strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The Goats' 2-1 loss to the Seattle Sounders last weekend clinched San Jose's spot in the playoffs. The Earthquakes were the first team to clinch and lead MLS.
- The Earthquakes have the best record in MLS. Chivas USA is one point off the basement of the Western Conference.
- Two weeks ago San Jose dispatched Chivas 4-0, with MLS original Ramiro Corrales scoring twice. The 35-year-old recorded three assists against the Colorado Rapids on Aug. 25.
- The Goats have scored the fewest goals in MLS this season - 21. San Jose leads the league in scoring, with 56.
- The Earthquakes picked up former Aalborg striker Marcus Tracy in a weighted lottery on Thursday, further adding to their forward crop.