The Goats' playoff ambitions could be crushed this weekend in a tough match against the visiting RSL.
|Chivas USA (4-4-2): Kennedy; Riley, Califf, Valencia, Flores; LaBrocca, Joseph, Minda, Bolanos; Smith, Townsend.
DOUBTFUL: GK Tim Melia (lower back)
|Real Salt Lake (4-4-2): Rimando; Beltran, Schuler, Borchers, Wingert; Grabavoy, Beckerman, Morales, Johnson; Espindola, Paulo Jr.||
OUT: GK Lalo Fernandez (R wrist fracture); DF Kwame Watson-Siriboe (R adductor strain)
DOUBTFUL: FW Alvaro Saborio (R shoulder sprain)
PROBABLE: DF Chris Wingert (turf toe)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chivas USA, bottom of the Western Conference, could be eliminated with a loss here and a Vancouver Whitecaps win this weekend.
- Real Salt Lake, tied for second in the West, is one of three teams already qualified for the postseason.
- RSL has reached the playoffs in five consecutive seasons, the longest active streak in the league (though the Columbus Crew could match it).
- A 1-0 loss to D.C. United extended Chivas' winless run to nine matches, a club worst since 2005, its expansion season. The Goats haven't scored in 352 minutes, the second longest streak in MLS this year.
- Free kicks from Javier Morales and Fabian Espindola, first goals since June for both Argentine attackers, led RSL to a 2-1 win over the Portland Timbers last week.