Two Western Conference strugglers look to pick up valuable points at the Home Depot Center.
|Chivas USA (4-4-2): Kennedy; Riley, McKenzie, Califf, Jazic; Zemanski, Cardozo, Gavin, Smith; Moreno, Angel.||
OUT: MF Marvin Iraheta (L knee ACL), Oswaldo Minda (dislocated shoulder)
DOUBTFUL: FW Juan Agudelo (L knee)
PROBABLE: Raushawn McKenzie (L hamstring strain)
|Portland Timbers (4-3-3): Perkins; Kimura, Danso, Mosquera, Smith; Chara, Jewsbury, Nagbe; Alexander, Alhassan, Boyd.||
OUT: DF Eric Brunner (concussion); DF Chris Taylor (R hip surgery); DF Rodney Wallace (R ankle sprain)
PROBABLE: MF Franck Songo’o (R knee MCL sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chivas USA has had a week to think about its last game: a 4-1 loss to Seattle Sounders FC in the semifinals of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup
- Portland's coaching change did not pay immediate dividends Saturday, as the Timbers lost 5-3 to the Galaxy in interim manager Gavin Wilkinson's first game in charge.
- Chivas got tough injury news Monday, when it was revealed midfielder Oswaldo Minda would be out indefinitely with a dislocated shoulder
- The Timbers named Sean McAuley as an assistant coach Monday. McAuley joined the Timbers from Sheffield Wednesday FC, where he was a head coach in the club’s academy
- Brent Richards, the Timbers’ first Homegrown Player, made his MLS debut against the Galaxy, coming on as a second-half sub.
- Chivas USA has the fewest goals scored in MLS this season, with just 11 goals in 17 games.