The Derby de Los Angeles returns with Chivas USA having lost eight of its last nine league games.
|Chivas USA (4-1-4-1): Kennedy; de Luna, Borja, Vilchez, Farfan; Minda; Bowen, Alvarez, Rivera, Villafana; Correa.
OUT: Daniel Atunez (L ACL reconstruction), Edgar Mejia (L ankle sprain), Tim Melia (lumbar distectomy)
QUESTIONABLE: Dan Kennedy (Lumbar Strain), Josue Soto (L Knee Sprain), Joaquin Velasquez (L Adductor Strain)
|LA Galaxy (4-4-2): Cudicini; Franklin, Gonzalez, DeLaGarza, Dunivant; Jimenez, Sarvas, Juninho, Zardes; Keane, Donovan.||
OUT: Brian Perk (concussion)
QUESTIONABLE: Leonardo (L ankle sprain), Jack McBean (Fractured left clavicle)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Going back to 2009, the Galaxy have won eight of the last 10 derbies with Chivas USA. When the Goats won on May 19, it broke an 11-game winless run against LA.
- This is the first Derby de Los Angeles for Chivas USA coach Jose Luis Real, who took control for the 3-1 midweek loss to the Vancouver Whitecaps. The past five coaches of the Goats have debuted with a loss.
- The derby earlier in the year ended in a 1-1 tie, with Carlos Alvarez scoring the equalizer in the final minutes.
- The Galaxy, on 21 points, are tied for fifth in the Western Conference.
- Chivas USA is last in the West and tied for the second-worst record in the league with 11 points. The Goats have lost six in a row and haven't won in nine games.