The losing MLS Cup finalist returns to the stadium where it closed the 2011 season in defeat for the beginning of the 2012 campaign.
Chivas USA (4-5-1): Kennedy; Jazic, Pearce, Valencia, Lahoud; Smith, Minda, Zemanski, Bolanos, Moreno; Angel.
OUT: MF Blair Gavin (R hamstring strain); MF Marvin Iraheta (R knee ACL tear)
PROBABLE: MF Nick LaBrocca (R leg contusion); GK Tim Melia (R hand laceration); FW Cesar Moreno (broken nose); DF James Riley (L ankle sprain)
|Houston Dynamo (4-4-2): Hall; Ashe, Cameron, Boswell, Hainault; Davis, Camargo, Moffat, Clark; Ching, Bruin.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
Houston went 12 games unbeaten against Chivas USA in a run that spanned over half a decade before the Goats won 3-0 in July last year.
- The Dynamo lost in the MLS Cup final against the LA Galaxy in the Home Depot Center 113 days before it will return to face Chivas for the season opener.
- Houston kicks off the season with a seven-game road jaunt. The Dynamo's new digs, BBVA Compass Stadium, will open May 12.
- The Dynamo's main offseason move was re-acquiring captain Brain Ching. The Montreal Impact selected him in the Expansion Draft and the Hawaiian striker even trained with the Canadian club before Houston could trade for his rights back.
- Similarly, the big news at Chivas USA is the re-signing of captain Juan Pablo Angel. The Colombian's contract expired at the end of last season and he didn't pen a new one until Thursday this week.
- Additionally the Goats added projected starters James Riley, Oswaldo Minda, Miller Bolanos and John Valencia.