Two teams already eliminated from the playoffs meet in California with the focus likely to be on youth and next season's projects.
|Chivas USA (4-4-2): Kennedy; Riley, Burling, Valencia, Jazic; LaBrocca, Vagenas, Joseph, Villafaña; Agudelo, Angel.
DOUBTFUL: MF Miller Bolaños (R ankle sprain)
PROBABLE: MF Ryan Smith (concussion); GK Tim Melia (lower back); MF Ben Zemanski (L quad strain); FW Casey Townsend (L soleus strain); DF Marvin Iraheta (R calf contusion); GK Dan Kennedy (R knee effusion)
|Colorado Rapids (4-2-3-1): Ceus; Freeman, Wynne, Moor, Zapata; Thomas, Larentowicz; Castrillon, Rivero, Hill; Akpan.
OUT: DF Anthony Wallace (L Achilles tear); MF Pablo Mastroeni (headaches); FW Edu (R foot contusion); GK Matt Pickens (R adductor strain)
DOUBTFUL: MF Brian Mullan (L knee pain)
PROBABLE: FW Omar Cummings (R ankle soreness); FW Tony Cascio (L ankle sprain); MF Jeff Larentowicz (L groin tightness); FW Conor Casey (R knee soreness)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- These teams sit two points apart at the bottom of the Western Conference standings. Neither can make the playoffs.
- Colorado hasn't lost to the Goats in seven straight matches, a record extending back to 2007.
- Earlier in the season, the Rapids beat Chivas USA 4-0 at home and drew 1-1 in the Home Depot Center.
- Chivas' 22 goals scored is a league-low by a comfortable 10-goal margin.
- Miller Bolaños is suspended due to yellow card accumulation.