The Goats aim to keep their recent struggles from turning into a losing streak, while the Fire could put themselves in a good position by winning their games in hand.
|Chivas USA (4-4-2): Kennedy; Riley, McKenzie, Pearce, Jazic; Bolanos, Cardozo, Minda, Smith; Angel, Moreno.
OUT: MF Marvin Iraheta (L knee ACL)
PROBABLE: MF Ben Zemanski (R knee MCL sprain)
|Chicago Fire (4-4-2): Johnson; Gargan, Friedrich, Kinney, Segares; Pause, Pardo, Grazzini, Pappa; Oduro, Nyarko.
OUT: DF Cory Gibbs (R knee meniscus repair); MF Steven Kinney (R posterior tibialis tendinitis)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Chris Rolfe (L ankle sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The Goats' away wins streak ended abruptly at three last week when they were trounced 4-0 by Colorado.
- Chicago has a perfectly even record, having won, lost, and drawn exactly one game both home and away.
- Chivas USA is still seeking its first home win of the season, and first since Sept. 24, 2011. Incredibly, the team has lost every one of its home matches by 1-0 scorelines.
- Chicago defender Jalil Anibaba and head coach Frank Klopas will be suspended for this game.
- Marco Pappa's goal in Chicago's 2-1 loss to Seattle was the second MLS goal scored directly from a corner in as many seasons. The last player to do so was David Beckham, coincidentally against the Chicago Fire.