Both winless in two, these teams will be looking to maintain their positions in the playoff race.
|Chicago Fire (4-2-3-1): Johnson; Anibaba, Friedrich, Berry, Segares; Pause, Pardo; Nyarko, Rolfe, Pappa; Oduro.
OUT: DF Cory Gibbs (R knee meniscus repair); MF Steven Kinney (R Achilles tendinitis)
|Vancouver Whitecaps (4-2-3-1): Cannon; Lee, Bonjour, DeMerit, Harvey; Koffie, Rochat; Le Toux, Robson, Camilo; Hassli.
OUT: FW Atiba Harris (R knee surgery recovery); FW Omar Salgado (R foot fracture)
DOUBTFUL: MF John Thorrington (R quad strain); MF Matt Watson (R ankle sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chicago is currently fourth in the East, with 28 points from 18 games.
- Vancouver, meanwhile, sits fourth in the West, with 30 points from 19 games.
- Vancouver goalkeeper Joe Cannon has now played the third-most minutes in league history, surpassing the 29,000 mark against Colorado on July 4. He is second in career saves and third in shutouts, as well as fourth in wins.
- The visit to Toyota Park completes a five-game road swing for the Whitecaps, who last played at BC Place on June 20. Vancouver went 1-1-1 on its first three games after last weekend’s scoreless draw at Chivas USA, ahead of the midweek visit to Toronto FC, which it lost.
- The Fire are undefeated this year against Canadian teams, posting a 1-0-1 record.