Chicago could put itself into a playoff spot with a win, while Kansas City needs those points to stay in contention for top spot in the East.
|Chicago Fire (4-4-2): Tornaghi; Anibaba, Berry, Soumare, Segares; Nyarko, Larentowicz, Alex, Duka; Rolfe, Magee.
OUT: Logan Pause (SI dysfunction), Steven Kinney (R quad strain)
|Sporting Kansas City (4-2-3-1): Nielsen; Myers, Collin, Besler Ellis; Olum, Rosell; Saad, Zusi, Kamara; Bieler.
OUT: Paulo Nagamura (L ankle sprain)
- Chicago is sixth in the Eastern Conference, with 21 points from 16 games, tied with the New England Revolution.
- With a win, the Fire could push themselves into the playoff spots at the expense of the Houston Dynamo. The Orange are two points ahead with one more game played.
- Kansas City is up in fourth, with 27 points from 18. Kansas City has an identical record to the Philadelphia Union, but with fewer goals scored.
- Mike Magee has scored four goals and assisted two in his five games since joining Chicago. In his 11th professional season, he's scored 10 goals in the year, a career high. His previous single-season best was seven, in his 2003 rookie campaign with New York.
- These teams have already met once this season, playing to a scoreless drawn on March 16 at Sporting Park.