Fire coach Frank Klopas has history with both of these clubs, having played two years for each team.
|Chicago Fire (4-4-2): Johnson; Gargan, Friedrich, Berry, Segares; Pause, Pardo, Grazzini, Pappa; Nyarko, Oduro.
OUT: MF Steven Kinney (R posterior tibialis tendinitis); DF Cory Gibbs (R knee meniscus repair)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Chris Rolfe (L ankle sprain)
|Sporting Kansas City (4-3-3): Nielsen; Myers, Besler, Collin, Sinovic; Julio Cesar, Zusi, Espinoza; Kamara, Sapong, Peterson.
OUT: GK Eric Kronberg (lower back strain)
PROBABLE: DF Shawn Singh (R hamstring strain); DF Seth Sinovic (R hand fracture); MF Luke Sassano (R knee sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Sporting KC is first in the East with 21 points in nine games. Seven straight wins to begin the season may have bled into two consecutive losses, but no one in the East has caught up, despite many teams playing more games.
- One club to play less games is Chicago. The Fire have 12 points from eight games.
- Frank Klopas spent half of his MLS career in Kansas City, scoring seven goals and adding 11 assists in 49 appearances with the then-Wizards.
- Peter Vermes was Klopas' teammate on the U.S. national team. They played eight games together from 1988-1994, with a 3-3-2 record on those matches. Klopas scored three goals.
- Toyota Park was in action as recently as Wednesday, with the Fire drawing 0-0 with Real Salt Lake.