Chicago hosts RSL with half as many points and without a win at home over Real since 2009.
|Chicago Fire (4-4-2): Johnson; Gargan, Friedrich, Anibaba, Segares; Pause, Pardo, Grazzini, Pappa; Nyarko, Oduro.
OUT: DF Cory Gibbs (R knee meniscus repair); MF Steven Kinney (R posterior tibialis tendinitis)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Chris Rolfe (L ankle sprain)
|Real Salt Lake (4-4-2): Reynish; Beltran, Olave, Schuler, Wingert; Grabavoy, Beckerman, Gil, Steele; Espindola, Paulo Jr.||
OUT: FW Cody Arnoux (L adductor strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The away side tends to fare better in this particular matchup. Real hasn't lost in Chicago since 2009, including a playoff penalty shootout win. The Fire have won twice and drawn twice in the last five meetings in Utah.
- Chicago needed a stoppage time goal to beat Chivas USA this weekend. The three points lifted the Windy City to 11 points, tied for fourth in the East.
- Austin Berry made his professional debut in the 2-1 win over the Goats. He kept busy, giving up a penalty and scoring the equalizer two minutes later.
- Salt Lake beat the New England Revolution last weekend to give the team 22 points this season, second in the West.
- Will Johnson was ejected against the Revs and will miss this game through suspension.