Chicago is on the verge of the playoffs while Philadelphia was eliminated over the weekend.
|Chicago Fire (4-2-3-1): Johnson; Anibaba, Friedrich, Berry, Alex; Pause, Pardo; Nyarko, Rolfe, Fernandez; Franco.
OUT: DF Cory Gibbs (R knee meniscus repair)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Pavel Pardo (L calf tightness)
|Philadelphia Union (4-2-3-1): MacMath; Williams, Okugo, Valdes, Gaddis; Carroll, Lahoud; McInerney, Torres, G. Farfan; Martinez.
OUT: DF Bakary Soumare (R knee menisectomy recovery)
DOUBTFUL: FW Krystian Witkowski (concussion symptoms)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Michael Farfan (R foot contusion/L knee contusion); MF Danny Cruz (L big toe sesamoid stress fracture/R calf strain); MF Freddy Adu (L quad strain)
PROBABLE: DF Gabriel Farfan (R ankle contusion); MF Keon Daniel (R knee contusion)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chicago was on a four-game winning streak prior to Friday's loss to Sporting Kansas City.
- That loss was just the club's second in its last 10 matches.
- A win over SKC would have clinched a playoff spot for the club, however, a win over the Union will not be enough to seal a place in the postseason.
- Philadelphia has not won in its last six road matches.
- The Union's playoff hopes ended over the weekend with a loss to the Columbus Crew.