David Beckham will miss the trip to the Windy City through suspension, with the Galaxy looking to plunder Chicago for points on a four consecutive visit.
|Chicago Fire (4-2-3-1): Johnson; Gargan, Anibaba, Friedrich, Segares; Pause, Pardo; Nyarko, Rolfe, Pappa; Oduro.
OUT: DF Cory Gibbs (R knee meniscus repair); MF Steven Kinney (R Achilles tendinitis)
DOUBTFUL: MF Rafael Robayo (R AC sprain); FW Federico Puppo (R ankle sprain)
|LA Galaxy (4-4-2): Saunders; Franklin, Gonzalez, DeLaGarza, Dunivant; Jimenez, Sarvas, Juninho, Magee; Donovan, Keane.
OUT: DF Andrew Boyens (L sports hernia surgery); FW Edson Buddle (R knee surgery); MF Dan Keat (R knee surgery); DF Leonardo (R knee inflammation)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Omar Gonzalez (L knee surgery); MF Kyle Nakazawa (back spasms); FW Pat Noonan (R quad strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Los Angeles has picked up points in Chicago on its last three visits. The Fire have won just one of the last six games between these teams.
- The Galaxy are sixth in the West with 20 points from 18 games. Chicago has eight points more having played a game less, which puts it fourth in the East.
- Landon Donovan has scored or assisted in nine out of his last 11 matches against the Fire, collecting eight goals and three assists against Chicago since Aug. 13, 2005.
- Both sides played matches midweek. Chicago drew 0-0 with the Houston Dynamo on Tuesday and the Galaxy conceded in the 95th minute to lose 2-1 to the Philadelphia Union on Wednesday.
- David Beckham is suspended for this game as Disciplinary Committee punishment for his conduct at the end of the 4-3 loss to the San Jose Earthquakes.