Both these teams, coming off extended rests after 2-0 losses, want points to move up from the middle of the pack in the East.
|Chicago Fire (4-4-2): Tornaghi; Pause, Anibaba, Friedrich, Segares; Pappa, Robayo, Pardo, Grazzini; Nyarko, Oduro.
OUT: MF Steven Kinney (R posterior tibialis tendinitis); DF Cory Gibbs (R knee meniscus tear)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Dan Gargan (L toe sprain)
|Houston Dynamo (4-4-2): Hall; Hainault, Boswell, Cameron, Ashe; Watson, Sturgis, Camargo, Carr; Bruin, Ching.
OUT: MF Brad Davis (L calf strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- These teams drew 1-1 twice last year.
- Neither team played last week. The Fire last played April 1 (2-0 loss to Colorado). The Dynamo hasn't seen action since March 23 (2-0 loss to Seattle).
- Cory Gibbs will miss up to six months after knee surgery. The gap he leaves in central defense and as a leader will likely mean Arne Friedrich will play his first game in nine months.
- Colin Clark and Adam Moffat will miss this game through suspension. That, combined with an injury to Brad Davis, means Dominic Kinnear will need to reshuffle his midfield.
- Houston is in the middle of a seven-game road trip while its new stadium, BBVA Compass Stadium, is being built. Thus far the Dynamo have gone 2-1-0.