These two playoff-bound teams will battle it out for postseason position, with the winner taking second in the East.
|Chicago Fire (4-2-3-1): Johnson; Anibaba, Friedrich, Berry, Alex; Pause, Pardo; Nyarko, Rolfe, Fernandez; McDonald.
OUT: DF Cory Gibbs (R knee meniscus repair)
|D.C. United (4-4-2): Hamid; Najar, McDonald, Jakovic, Korb; DeLeon, Kitchen, Saragosa, Pontius; Pajoy, Maicon Santos.
OUT: FW Josh Wolff (lower back disc herniation); MF Dwayne De Rosario (L knee MCL sprain)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Daniel Woolard (concussion-like symptoms); FW Long Tan (L ankle sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- D.C. is in second place in the East with 57 points. Chicago is in third, just one point behind. The winner of this match will finish in second place.
- D.C. extended its undefeated streak to six games and clinched a place in the MLS Cup Playoffs for the first time since 2007 with a 3-2 win against Columbus at RFK Stadium.
- In the previous meeting between these sides, D.C. topped Chicago 4-2 at RFK stadium on Aug. 22.
- That was the capital club's first win against Chicago since Aug. 29, 2009, a 1-0 win at Toyota Park. But the Fire haven’t defeated United at home since a 1-0 win in 2006.
- United brings an impressive six-game unbeaten run with a 5-0-1 record in this matchup.