The Brimstone Cup, as well as playoff points, is on the line in Bridgeview, Ill. when FC Dallas comes to visit Wednesday night.
|Chicago Fire (4-4-2): Johnson; Gargan, Anibaba, Gibbs, Segares; Pappa, Pause, Pardo, Grazzini; Oduro, Nyarko.||
OUT: MF Gabriel Ferrari (L knee ACL reconstruction); DF Steven Kinney (lower abdominal strain)
|FC Dallas (4-4-2): Hartman; Loyd, Ihemelu, John, Benitez; Warshaw; Jackson, Guarda, Villar, Chavez; M. Santos.||
OUT: DF Edson Edward (R knee ACL tear); MF David Ferreira (R ankle)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Andrew Wiedeman (groin); MF Andrew Jacobson(concussion)
PROBABLE: MF Ricardo Villar (ankle)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
A win will give FC Dallas a 10th straight Brimstone Cup, given to the regular season head-to-head winner between these two teams.
- A win would also secure a playoff berth for Dallas. However, FCD will miss captain Daniel Hernandez, who is suspended.
- At 360 minutes, Dallas is 10 minutes away from a club record goalless streak and is mired in a four-game losing run.
- Chicago has lost only once in its last nine MLS matches, taking 18 of a possible 27 points, to rejoin the playoff chase. The Fire sit six points out of a postseason position.
- However, a week ago when Chicago last played, it lost 2-0 to Sounders FC in Seattle to come second in the U.S. Open Cup.
- The earlier matchup between these sides, on March 19, finished 1-1. Diego Chavez and Milton Rodriguez scored within the first 20 minutes and Brek Shea was sent off.