The race for playoff spots is tight in the East, and both of these teams will want the security of three points.
|Chicago Fire (4-2-3-1): Johnson; Anibaba, Friedrich, Berry, Segares; Pause, Pardo; Nyarko, Rolfe, Fernandez; MacDonald.
OUT: DF Cory Gibbs (R knee meniscus repair); DF Steven Kinney (R groin pain)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Dan Gargan (L knee pain)
|Columbus Crew (4-4-1-1): Gruenebaum; Miranda, Marshall, James, Williams; Gaven, Birchall, Mirosevic, Duka; Higuain; Arrieta.
OUT: FW Tommy Heinemann (L knee surgery); GK William Hesmer (R hip surgery); MF Bernardo Anor (L knee ACL tear); DF Carlos Mendes (R hamstring strain)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Danny O'Rourke (L ankle sprain); DF Rich Balchan (sports hernia rehab)
PROBABLE: GK Andy Gruenebaum (lower back stiffness)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chicago is second in the East, four point adrift of leader Sporting KC with a game in hand. Chicago has won six out of its last seven games. Before that, it had taken the club 13 games to record six wins.
- Columbus currently occupies sixth place in the East, one point behind Houston and the final playoff berth.
- The teams have split a pair of 2-1 decisions this season. Eddie Gaven and Emilio Rentería scored first-half goals to lead the Crew to a win in Columbus on May 26, then Marco Pappa and Dominic Oduro hit first-half strikes to give the Fire the win June 23 at Toyota Park.
- With the Fire victory in the last meeting, the Crew haven’t won in Bridgeview since 2006 (eight visits).
- Chicago's Dan Gargan will miss this game through suspension due to yellow card accumulation.