Columbus can clinch the first overall seed in the East with a win and some help in the Sporting Kansas City match.
|Chicago Fire (4-4-2): Johnson; Anibaba, Cuesta, Mikulic, Segares; Pause, Grazzini, Paladini, Pappa; Oduro, Nyarko.||
OUT: MF Gabriel Ferrari (L knee ACL reconstruction); DF Steven Kinney (sports hernia)
DOUBTFUL: FW Cristian Nazarit (L quad strain); MF Michael Videira (L groin strain)
|Columbus Crew (4-4-2): Hesmer; Miranda, James, Marshall, Gardner; Gaven, O'Rourke, Ekpo, Duka; Mendoza, Renteria.||
DOUBTFUL: MF Tony Tchani (R knee surgery)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Robbie Rogers (R hamstring strain)
PROBABLE: FW Tommy Heinemann (lower back strain); MF Danny O'Rourke (L knee tightness); DF Rich Balchan (abdominal strain)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
Sitting one point behind first place Sporting Kansas City, a win in this match would clinch the top spot in the Eastern Conference for Columbus if SKC does not win at D.C United.
- Chicago won a thrilling affair at D.C. last weekend, scoring twice in injury time to win 2-1. It was the first time in MLS history a team won in regulation after giving up the lead in the 75th minute or later.
- The Crew clinched a playoff berth last weekend with a comprehensive 3-0 victory at New England.
- New York's win over Philadelphia on Thursday night eliminated the Fire from playoff contention.
- With a double last weekend, Crew striker Andres Mendoza moved to 13 goals on the season, three behind Dwayne De Rosario for the league lead.
- After missing the playoffs just once in its first 12 years, Chicago will now miss the playoffs for its second consecutive season.