The Hammers are fighting for survival and will have to be on form if they are to end their poor record at Stamford Bridge, having not won there in eight years, on Saturday
|Chelsea: Cech; Ivanovic, Terry, David Luiz, Cole; Essien, Ramires, Lampard; Anelka, Drogba, Malouda.|
West Ham: Green; Jacobsen, Da Costa, Upson, Bridge; O'Neil, Noble, Parker, Hitzlsperger; Cole, Keane.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- In the 85 league matches between the two sides, Chelsea and West Ham have 34 wins a piece. The other 17 matches have ended in draws.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 12 matches against the Hammers. The Blues have won 10 of the games and the other two ended in draws.
- Chelsea are on a nine-game unbeaten run in the league and have won their last three games.
- The Blues have won 13 matches this season by two goals.
- Carlo Ancelotti's side are looking for their seventh win in eight Premier League games.
- Much of the excitement in Chelsea's games seems to come in the last five minutes of matches as they have score 10 times and conceded eight goals in the closing stages.
- West Ham have not won at Stamford Bridge since a 3-2 win back in the 2002/2003 season.
- West Ham have lost 25 per cent of their league away games 3-0 this season.
- Avram Grant's side have conceded 58 goals in the league this season with 31 coming on the road.
- If Chelsea score the first goal the stats show it will be an uphill battle for the Hammers. Opposing teams have taken the lead 18 times against Grant's side this season and only once have they managed to turn it around and get a win. They have drawn five times and lost 12 games when the opposing team scores first.
September 11, 2010: West Ham 1-3 Chelsea
Chelsea continued their fine start to the season by cruising past West Ham thanks to a Michael Essien brace and Salomon Kalou's strike to stay top of the league and condemn the Hammers to the bottom of the table.
Follow Goal.com on to get the latest soccer news directly. Check out Goal.com's page; be part of the best soccer fan community in the world!