Di Matteo's men will be hopeful of sealing three points against the Reds in Sunday's Premier League clash, after recently surrendering top spot to Manchester United.
Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz, Cole
Oscar, Mata, Hazard
Wisdom, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique
Gerrard, Allen, Sahin,
Sterling, Suarez, Suso
Chelsea have both David Luiz and John Terry available for selection after serving their respective one-match and four-match bans.
Juan Mata (hamstring) is expected to shake off his injury in time for the match but Frank Lampard (calf) is again expected to miss out.
There is no new injury news as far as Liverpool is concerned. Lucas Leiva (thigh) is still closing in on a return to first-team action while Glen Johnson (muscle), Fabio Borini (foot) and Martin Kelly (knee) remain long-term absentees.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Fernando Torres (pictured) scored five goals in four Premier League games against Chelsea while playing for Liverpool, but has netted none in the three for the Blues against the Reds since his switch.
- Chelsea has now gone five games without a clean sheet in the Premier League, its worst such spell since January.
- Roberto Di Matteo's side has also conceded the opening goal in its last two games at Stamford Bridge.
- Kenny Dalglish was player-manager for Liverpool when he scored the only goal in a 1-0 victory at Stamford Bridge on the final day of the 1985-86 season to win the league title.
- Liverpool has won four Premier League games against Chelsea in a row.
- The Reds are the only side yet to score a goal in the closing 15 minutes of a league game this season.