Tito Vilanova has flown back to the Catalan capital after 10 weeks of receiving cancer treatment in the USA and could watch his team in action at Balaidos on Saturday.
Celta Vigo midfielder Michael Krohn-Dehli will miss Saturday's Primera Division clash against Barcelona after injuring his knee while on international duty.
Sergio Alvarez, Hugo Mallo, Samuel Llorca and Alex Lopez are all sidelined, while Andres Tunez and Iago Aspas are suspended; however, midfielders Quique de Lucas and Natxo Insa have recovered from ankle and thigh problems, respectively, and are available for selection.
Barcelona playmaker Xavi is struggling with a hamstring strain and will not travel to Galicia.
Defender Jordi Alba (hamstring) and striker Pedro (calf) also picked up knocks while on Spain duty and join Carles Puyol (knee), Adriano (thigh) and Victor Valdes (suspension) on the sidelines.
Assistant coach Jordi Roura is likely to rest some of his stars with one eye on Tuesday's Champions League quarterfinal first leg against Paris Saint-Germain.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Celta Vigo is on a three-match losing run in La Liga.
- The Galician outfit have won just one of its last 11 matches in all competitions.
- Celta has lost its last five Liga encounters with Barcelona.
- Barcelona has won just one of its last five away games across all competitions.
- Lionel Messi has scored 28 goals in his last 18 Liga outings and is bidding to become the first player in history to score against 19 league opponents in consecutive matches.
- Jose Manuel Pinto (pictured, right) made 181 league appearances for Celta Vigo between 1998 and 2008.