|Catania: Andujar; Alvarez, Silvestre, Spolli, Marchese; Carboni, Lodi; Schelotto, Ricchiuti, Bergessio; Maxi Lopez
|Palermo: Sirigu; Bovo, Goian, Migliaccio; Cassani, Acquah, Bacinovic, Nocerino, Balzaretti; Pastore, Hernandez
- Catania are currently placed 15th in the Serie A standings with 32 points from 30 matches, just four more than third-from-bottom Lecce.
- The Etnei have won four of the 13 Sicilian derbies against Palermo.
- Diego Simeone’s side have alternatively won and lost their last seven matches in the league. If that pattern is to continue this weekend, then Catania should win the derby.
- Palermo are eighth in the league table with 43 points from 30 matches, seven points behind sixth-placed Roma.
- The Rosanero’s 1-0 win against Milan before the international break brought to an end to their five-match losing streak in Serie A.
- Serse Cosmi’s side have lost their last three away matches in the league and have failed to score in any of them.
November 14, 2010: Palermo 3-1 Catania
Palermo registered a comprehensive victory over Catania in the reverse fixture earlier this season. A Javier Pastore hat-trick, his first and so far only in the league, secured the points for the Aquile. Christian Terlizzi was on target for Catania.
Keep up to date with Serie A and Italy news with Goal.com's Italy page and join Goal.com USA's Facebook fan page!