The Beneamata will be hoping to inch closer to a European place when they pay a visit to the Stadio Nereo Rocco in Trieste to face the Sardinians on Saturday.
Pisano, Astori, Canini, Agostini
Ekdal, Conti, Nainggolan
Thiago Ribeiro, Pinilla
Nagatomo, Ranocchia, Samuel, Zanetti
Poli, Cambiasso, Stankovic
Zarate, Milito, Forlan
Cagliari coach Massimo Ficcadenti will be unable to call on Daniele Dessena who is out for the season. Rui Sampaio will also miss the encounter, but Davide Astori is ready to return to the fold.
Saturday's match will be played in Trieste because the Stadio Sant'Elia is unavailable due to a dispute between the club and the city's local council over renovation work at the stadium.
Meanwhile, Inter boss Andrea Stramaccioni will once again be without the services of influential duo Maicon and Wesley Sneijder, who are nursing knee and groin injuries respectively. Luc Castaignos will also miss out on Saturday's festivities due to a thigh problem.
Veteran goalkeeper Luca Castellazzi will deputize for Julio Cesar who picked up a red card last weekend against Genoa. Lucio is also suspended. Ricky Alvarez is nearing a return but is not yet ready to rejoin the first team.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Cagliari has won four out of its last five matches at home, outscoring its opponents 12-5 in the process.
- The Sardinians have kept two clean sheets in their last three encounters.
- Ficcadenti's men have failed to score in 14 of their 30 Serie A matches this season.
- Inter has lost four out of its last five Serie A games away from San Siro and has been outscored 8-2 during that span.
- The Nerazzurri have conceded 10 goals in their last five league matches.
- Stramaccioni's side has lost eight games by a one-goal margin this term.