The holders will be looking to banish the disappointment of a draw against Venezuela in Group B's opening game with victory over a solid Paraguayan side.
|Brazil: Julio Cesar; Daniel Alves, Lucio, Thiago Silva, Andre Santos; Lucas Leiva, Ramires, Ganso; Robinho, Neymar, Alexandre Pato
Mano Menezes is playing his cards close to his chest in the build to the Group B crunch tie against Paraguay. Brazil could stick with the same starting team, although there are question marks over Ramires and Robinho, with Elano and Lucas possibilities to step into the team.
|Paraguay: Villar; Piris, Da Silva, Veron, Torres; Barreto, Ortigoza, Riveros, Estigarribia; Santa Cruz, Barrios
Paraguay looks set to name the same side which could only draw 0-0 with Ecuador last weekend. Last week's debutant Ivan Rodrigo Piris looks set to continue at right back with the lively Estigarribia also looking to continue his run in the team.
- Brazil is the reigning champion of the Copa America, beating Argentina in the final four years ago in Venezuela.
- Captain Lucio won his 100th international cap against Venezuela last weekend, becoming only the fourth Brazilian to reach the century milestone.
- In the South American nation's 23 man squad for the tournament, Robinho is the player with the most international goals, grabbing 25 in 87 appearances.
- Mano Menezes' men are currently in a run of inconsistent form, with the team winning two, drawing two and losing two of its last six fixtures.
- Paraguay has been runners up in the competition on five occasions.
- The last time the Paraguayan national side met Brazil, it succumbed to a 2-1 defeat in qualification for the 2010 World Cup two years ago.
- Striker Salvador Cabanas, who was horrifically shot in the head in January 2010, is an honorary member of the squad as he steps up his rehabilitation in the hope of a return to football.
Follow Goal.com on to get the latest soccer news directly. Check out Goal.com's page; be part of the best soccer fan community in the world!
- In the last 10 fixtures, Paraguay has won five, drawn three and been defeated on two occasions.