Goal.com previews the action as BVB and the Bavarians clash in a fixture that could determine who will lift the German Meisterschale come the end of the season.
Piszczek, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer
Kuba, Kagawa, Grosskreutz
Lahm, Boateng, Badstuber, Alaba
Luiz Gustavo, Schweinsteiger
Robben, Muller, Ribery
The big absentee for BVB is Germany international Mario Gotze, who has recovered from the serious injury he picked up earlier this year, but is still working his way back to full fitness. However, he could enter the fray at some point of the game, if the scales are tipped in Bayern Munich's favor.
Defender Julian Koch will not feature in the match against the Bavarians as he is still recuperating from an injury and is unlikely to appear for Jurgen Klopp's side during the current campaign.
For Bayern Munich, Daniel Van Buyten has been ruled out for the rest of the season and will join long-term absentee Breno in the stands. It is yet unclear who will partner Bastian Schweinsteiger in center of the field, with both Anatoliy Tymoshchuk and Luiz Gustavo in with a chance to feature in the starting XI.
Toni Kroos, who played a limited role in the win against Augsburg in order to avoid suspension, could displace Thomas Muller in the role behind striker Mario Gomez. He might also appear next to Schweinsteiger in central midfield, if Jupp Heynckes opts for a more offensive scheme.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Borussia Dortmund has triumphed in its last three games against Bayern Munich.
- BVB are on a 23-game unbeaten streak in the Bundesliga.
- Dortmund managed to turn an eight-point deficit into a seven-point lead over Bayern Munich from Round 6 to Round 24.
- Bayern Munich is on a nine-game winning streak in all competitions (including the penalty shootout victory over Borussia Monchengladbach in the DFB Pokal).
- The Bavarians can overtake Dortmund at the top of the table on goal difference if they win on Wednesday.
- Werder Bremen is the last team to beat Bayern Munich four times in a row. This happened between 1991 and 1993.