thumbnail Hello,

Premier League

  • November 27, 2010
  • • 10:00 AM
  • • Macron Stadium, Bolton
  • Referee: M. Dean
  • • Attendance: 25851

Bolton Wanderers 2-2 Blackpool: Late Mark Davies Equaliser Ensures The Good Times Continue For Bolton

Bolton Wanderers 2-2 Blackpool: Late Mark Davies Equaliser Ensures The Good Times Continue For Bolton

Martin Petrov stunner inspired comeback from two goals down.

Bolton Wanderers recovered after going two goals down to secure a 2-2 draw against Blackpool at the Reebok Stadium.

Goals from Ian Evatt and Luke Varney, both coming from corners, put the visitors 2-0 up, as Ian Holloway’s men continued to impress in the top flight, but Martin Petrov and Mark Davies made sure the points were shared.

The hosts were without key midfielder Stuart Holden after he was ruled out with a thigh strain, meaning there was a start for Mark Davies alongside Fabrice Muamba. Martin Petrov again had to settle for a place on the bench as Matt Taylor kept his place in the starting line-up.

Blackpool, meanwhile, were missing Marlon Harewood after he was ruled out for six weeks with a hamstring injury, so Gary Taylor-Fletcher replaced him, as Elliot Grandin returned to the starting line-up in the place of Matt Phillips.

Bolton had the game’s best chances early on. Taylor saw his free-kick fisted away by Kingson, before Kevin Davies was then played through on goal by Elmander and, although he managed to test Kingson, he could perhaps have done better when placed one-on-one.

The hosts continued to press for the opener, but were undone on a set-piece. Campbell won a corner after good work from Varney down the left and Evatt managed to steal in front of Elmander and Cahill to guide his header into the far post.

Ian Holloway’s men could have doubled their tally moments later as Taylor-Fletcher skied over from close range. Adam was then looking to get in on the act, but could only find the roof of the net with a great long range effort, as his side went in 1-0 ahead at the break.

Grandin was the key player at the start of the second half  pulling the strings for the visitors. And the midfielder would have provided Campbell with a one-on-one chance had the referee not brought it back for a marginal offside.

Just like the opener, Bolton were then undone through a corner. Nobody was there to clear the delivery from the left and Varney’s effort managed to just sneak over the line with Lee unable to clear at the far post.

Then, after Campbell had two excellent chances to score for Blackpool, Owen Coyle brought on Petrov - the man who changed the game. The Bulgarian rifled home a left-footed effort into the top right-hand corner from 18 yards to pull a goal back and spark the comeback for his side.

Kevin Davies then looked as though he would get the equalizer for the hosts, latching onto Kingson's parry following Rodrigo Moreno’s header at goal, but Eardley did just enough at the far post to put him off and prompt him to stab the ball just wide of the post.

Bolton were then rewarded for their dominance after Petrov’s arrival, with Mark Davies capping off an excellent passing move as he arrived late in the penalty area to slot home past a stranded Kingson late on to secure a 2-2 draw for his side.

For more on Americans abroad, visit's dedicated page and join USA's Facebook fan page!