The Seasiders are entering the relegation dogfight in dire form while Alan Pardew's side travel to Bloomfield Road having reached the magic 40-point mark against Manchester United
|Blackpool: Kingson; Eardley, Cathcart, Crainey, Silvestre; Taylor-Fletcher, Vaughan, Adam, Puncheon; Beattie, Campbell.
|Newcastle: Krul; Simpson, Coloccini, Williamson, Enrique; Gutierrez, Barton, Tiote, Guthrie; Nolan; Lovenkrands.
- Blackpool has the worst home record in the division, picking up only 15 points in 16 games at Bloomfield Road.
- The Seasiders' current form is the worst in the league, with only one point from their last six games.
- The hosts have leaked more goals than any other team in the league, having conceded on 69 occasions.
- Ian Holloway's side have lost 3-2 at home four times, more than any other team.
- In the 60 league meetings between the Seasiders and the Magpies, both have won 26 games each.
- The three most-booked players in the Premier League play for Blackpool and Newcastle, with Charlie Adam and Cheik Tiote having each received 11 yellow cards and Kevin Nolan being cautioned on 10 occasions.
- Only three teams have managed a clean sheet away to Newcastle this season, one of which was Blackpool in September.
- Alan Pardew's side has only managed one win in its last six.
- The Magpies have not gone through a game without picking up a booking or a sending off since January.
September 11, 2010: Newcastle 0-2 Blackpool
Charlie Adam and DJ Campbell hit the net as the Seasiders registered a comfortable away day victory.
Follow Goal.com on to get the latest soccer news directly. Check out Goal.com's page; be part of the best soccer fan community in the world!