Goal.com previews the action as the Bavarians look to alleviate their relegation worries before the winter break. American international Timothy Chandler is suspended.
Castro, Friedrich, Toprak, Kadlec
Sam, Ballack, Schurrle
Maroh, Wollscheid, Klose, Simons
Eigler, Didavi, Frantz
While Omer Toprak could return to the Leverkusen squad following a back problem, Robin Dutt may name the same back four that kept a clean sheet against Hannover last weekend. Eren Derdiyok should maintain his place at the heart of the attack. Renato Augusto, Rene Adler and Tranquillo Barnetta remain sidelined with long-term injuries.
In addition to long-term absentees Per Nilsson, Javier Pinola, Mike Frantz and Markus Mendler, Juri Judt will be missing for Dieter Hecking, having pulled out of training with a foot injury. Meanwhile, there are serious question marks over Marvin Plattenhardt and Tomas Pekhart, who are suffering from muscle problems and flu respectively.
Jens Hegeler is unable to play against his parent club, while Timothy Chandler will be suspended following his red card against Hoffenheim.
||DID YOU KNOW|
- Bayer Leverkusen has not lost at home to Nurnberg for nine years - since a 2-0 loss in December 2002.
- Stefan Kiessling made 59 Bundesliga appearances for Nurnberg, scoring 13 goals in a four-year spell at the club which ended in 2006.
- Eren Derdiyok has now matched his tally for last season with six league goals, including four of Leverkusen's last five league goals.
- Nurnberg was able to keep clean sheets in both league meetings with Bayer Leverkusen last season.
- Philipp Wollscheid will be playing against many of his former teammates, as he is set to join Leverkusen at the end of the season.
- The Bavarians sit bottom of the Bundesliga form table, with just five points from their last 10 games.