The hosts will look to pick up their indifferent home form, while Torsten Fink's men could move out of the relegation play-off place with victory at the BayArena
Castro, Friedrich, Toprak, Kadlec
Sam, Ballack, Schurrle
Diekmeier, Bruma, Westermann, Aogo
Gokhan Tore, Rincon, Kacar, Janssen
Leverkusen captain Simon Rolfes is set to return to the starting lineup after spending last week's encounter with Freiburg on the bench. Michael Ballack should be fit to start despite playing in midweek vesus Valencia with a mask to protect his broken nose.
Slobodan Rajkovic will sit this match out after his red card in last week's 1-1 home draw against Kaiserslautern, while Mladen Petric will be missing for the next month after sustaining a thigh strain in training last week. The Croatian's absence will allow Marcus Berg to continue up front along side Paolo Guerrero, while Deikmeier will step in for Rajkovic.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Bayer Leverkusen has not lost any of its last four games against Hamburg, however, it has only won one of its previous six clashes with Torsten Fink's side at the BayArena.
- The hosts have collected the most red cards in the Bundesliga this season (three), while their opponents top the table for yellow cards, having collected 29 bookings so far.
- The BayArena club is the only team to have reached a Champions League final but to never have won its domestic league.
- Hamburg midfielder Gokhan Tore represented Leverkusen at various levels for 10 years, before departing for Chelsea.
- Torsten Fink's men have a marginally better record in this fixture, winning 25 games to Levekursen's 22.
- Wolfgang Rolff, who won the 1983 European Cup with Hamburg, went on to make 99 Bundesliga appearances for Bayer Leverkusen, scoring nine goals in the process.