Los Colchoneros will be out to end a 14-year wait for a win over their crosstown rivals in a Liga encounter that is set to be a dress rehearsal for next month's Copa del Rey final
Juanfran, Miranda, Godin, Luis
Garcia, Gabi, Suarez, Koke
Nacho, Albiol, Carvalho, Coentrao
Callejon, Kaka, Benzema
Atletico Madrid midfielder Tiago has returned to training after a lengthy spell on the sidelines with a muscle injury and may be included on the bench against Real Madrid on Saturday.
Diego Costa has had his yellow card against Sevilla overturned on appeal by the Spanish football federation and is eligible to play, but Arda Turan (ankle) is a doubt.
Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho will rest several players with an eye on Tuesday's Champions League semifinal second leg against Borussia Dortmund.
Defenders Alvaro Arbeloa (back) and Marcelo (muscle tear) are definitely out, but Michael Essien (hamstring) could return, while Xabi Alonso is available after missing the win over Betis through suspension.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Atletico Madrid is on a five-match unbeaten run in La Liga, winning three.
- Los Colchoneros have lost their last nine encounters against Real Madrid.
- With just 25 goals conceded in their 32 Liga outings this season, Atletico boasts the best defensive record in the Primera Division.
- Real Madrid has won just one of its last four away games in all competitions.
- The Castilian side's 4-1 loss at Borussia Dortmund was Jose Mourinho's biggest defeat as coach in 106 Champions League games.
- Cristiano Ronaldo (pictured, right) has scored six goals in his last three Madrid derbies.