Villans and their under-pressure boss Alex McLeish are in need of points as they look for their first win at Villa Park since Nov. 5 when they defeated Norwich City 3-2.
Hutton, Dunne, Cuellar, Warnock
Ireland, Keane, N'Zogbia
Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy
Johnson, Aguero, Silva
Aston Villa will hope to have James Collins back in the squad after he missed three games with a calf injury. Gabrel Agbonlahor and Marc Albrighton could also return.
Manchester City should have captain Vincent Kompany back from a knee problem but will still be without both Toure brothers, who are on international duty with the Ivory Coast, and Mario Balotelli who completes his four-match ban.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester City has scored three times in each of its last four Premier League home games, but just once from its last four away matches.
- The last time it scored more than one goal away from home in the league came in the 3-2 win against QPR on Nov. 5.
- It has won just one of its last six away matches in the league and two of its last nine in all competitions.
- The earlier fixture between the two sides this season saw City triumph 4-1 at the Etihad Stadium.
- Nov. 5 is also the last time Aston Villa registered a home win and it was also a 3-2 scoreline, coming against Norwich City.
- Since then it has had six matches at Villa Park without winning, although that run has included the visits of Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool.
- Villa has recovered 11 points from losing positions this season.
- Having scored just three goals in seven matches between Nov. 21 and Dec. 26, it has since scored 12 in its next seven leading up to Sunday’s fixture.
- Villa has won 35 times at Villa Park in the league compared to just 14 times for City, with 23 meetings ending as draws.
- The last time City triumphed over Villa in Birmingham was a 3-1 win in 2006.
- Several players could be facing their former club: Villa's Shay Given, Richard Dunne and Stephen Ireland (pictured above) previously played for City. James Milner and Gareth Barry are ex-Villans.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.