David Moyes' side look to keep its momentum going after a fine opening win over Manchester United, while the Villans aim for their first points of the season
Lowton, Vlaar, Baker, Clark
N'Zogbia, El-Ahmadi, Delph, Holman
Neville, Jagielka, Distin, Baines
Osman, Fellaini, Gibson, Pienaar
Paul Lambert is still without the services of Richard Dunne (groin), Marc Albrighton (foot) and Gabby Agbonlahor (knee) through injury and with full-backs Alan Hutton and Stephen Warnock currently in exile at the club, options are few and far between.
Darren Bent picked up an eye injury this week, but has responded well to treatment and should feature at Villa Park.
With limited resources currently available to him, Lambert will, in most probability, field the same team that showed promise against West Ham last week, but ultimately had nothing to show for it.
Everton, meanwhile, may hand Kevin Mirallas his Premier League debut after his move from Olympiakos. Whether the Belgian forward starts or not could depend on the fitness of leading striker Nikica Jelavic.
The Croatian, along with Sylvain Distin, had to receive treatment towards the end of Monday's 1-0 win over Manchester United but the duo hope to prove their fitness by the weekend.
Marouane Fellaini, who proved to be the match winner against United with a second-half header, and Darron Gibson were doubts for that game itself but after coming through unscathed, both appear fully fit.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Aston Villa has won just one of their last 13 Premier League home matches (W1 D5 L7).
- The Villans are currently on a run of 11 league games without a victory (0-5-6).
- Paul Lambert's side has failed to score in five of its last seven Premier League matches, netting only once in each of the other two games.
- Darren Bent (right) has scored three goals in as many Premier League games for Villa against Everton.
- The Toffees have won none of their last seven visits in the Premier League to Villa Park, drawing four and losing three.
- They have drawn seven of their last nine Premier League away games, including the last four in a row.
- Leon Osman has scored more Premier League goals (five) against Aston Villa than he has managed versus any other team.
- Everton has won none of their last 12 Premier League meetings against Aston Villa, but eight of those games have been draws.
- Indeed, six of the last seven Premier League games between Villa and Everton have been drawn.