With the hosts stuttering at the Emirates, the Red Devils will seek to capitalise on their opponents' poor home form to ensure a comfortable run-in to the Premier League title
Watch Arsenal v Manchester United 5/1 live at 9 am ET on FOX Soccer! For a complete match schedule and more, click here
Szczesny; Sagna, Djourou, Koscielny, Clichy; Song, Wilshere; Walcott, Fabregas, Nasri; Van Persie.
Johan Djourou continues to deputize for Thomas Vermaelen, who came through 90 minutes of a reserve game in midweek (coincidentally against Manchester United) following his lengthy spell on the sidelines, but is unlikely to be considered ready for a return to Premier League action just yet. In the Belgian's continued absence, Arsene Wenger is expected to keep faith with the side which ran out losers to Bolton.
|Manchester United (4-4-2)
Van der Sar; Rafael, Smalling, Vidic, Evra; Valencia, Anderson, Carrick, Nani; Hernandez, Rooney.
It seems unlikely that Sir Alex Ferguson will risk playing Rio Ferdinand three times in a week, so Chris Smalling will probably come in. Otherwise, Michael Carrick will have the opportunity to build on his accomplished midweek performance in the Champions League while Dimitar Berbatov will likely feature on the bench after returning from injury.
- In-form Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney (pictured right) has scored in three of his last four games against the Gunners.
- Stuttering Arsenal has won only one of its last seven league games – drawing five in total.
- Flawless Manchester Unted has kept clean sheets in its last three games.
- Manchester United has won the last four encounters against Arsenal – the last time it won five on the trot was between 1983 and 1985.
- Arsenal has drawn its last three games at the Emirates, scoring only one goal - and that from the penalty spot.
Follow Goal.com on to get the latest soccer news directly. Check out Goal.com's page; be part of the best soccer fan community in the world!
- Robin van Persie is the Gunners' top scorer with 19 goals in all competitions this season.