The in-form Gunners look to continue excellent league performances against Toffees, who hold the dubious Premier League record for leakiest defense against a single opponent.
Djourou, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Vermaelen
Arteta, Song, Ramsey
Walcott, Van Persie, Gervinho
Hibbert, Heitinga, Jagielka, Baines
Coleman, Fellaini, Rodwell, Osman
David Moyes is sweating over the fitness of three front men for the visit to London. Whereas Victor Anichebe is still a week or so away from fitness, both Louis Saha and Royston Drenthe will face late fitness tests after recently picking up minor niggles. Otherwise, the only decisions the Toffees boss should have to make are whether to recall Phil Neville to his starting XI or replace Diniyar Bilyaletdinov with Jack Rodwell.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Arsenal did the Premier League double over Everton last season, winning 2-1 on both occasions.
- Robin van Persie (pictured right) has lashed in 18 goals and provided five assists in 20 appearances this term.
- Everton has scored just 15 goals so far this season, exactly half of Arsenal’s tally.
- Arsenal has lost just once to Everton in their last 10 meetings, stretching back to 2007.
- Everton don’t do well at all in north London, chalking up just one win in 19 visits, with the last one coming over 15 years ago.
- Against Everton, Arsenal has the finest goalscoring record of any team versus any opposition in Premier league history, clocking up 79 goals.
- In its last 11 outings against the Gunners, Everton has scored 11 goals.
- Arsenal’s tally of 19 points from its last seven Premier League matches is equal to the tally it took from its previous 18 games.