FA Cup Preview: Birmingham - Leeds
Luciano Becchio's equaliser forced a repeat tie between the Blues and the Whites, after Wade Elliott had given the injury-stricken Blues the lead at Elland Road
By Matthew Smith
Spector, Caldwell, Davies, Robinson
Burke, Elliott, Gomis, Redmond
Byram, Pearce, Tate, Peltier
White, Austin, Brown, Tonge
Birmingham will be without midfielder Will Packwood, who broke his leg in two places after a collision with Luciano Becchio in the game at Elland Road earlier this month, while Robert Hall has been denied permission to play by parent club West Ham.
Joining Packwood on the injury list are defenders Paul Caddis (hamstring), David Murphy and Stephen Carr (both knee).
Midfielder Papa Boupa Diop (hamstring) is also missing but Clark will have strikers Peter Lovenkrands and Nikola Zigic available again.
Neil Warnock - who was absent for the game last week as illness swept through the Leeds squad - will be without Jerome Thomas who returned to West Brom following a loan spell but midfielder Rudy Austin has now returned to full fitness.
Sam Byram (knee) and Lee Peliter (groin) have recently returned to fitness for the Whites after recent spells on the sidelines and will be available.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Birmingham has finished runners-up in FA Cup on two occasions, in 1931 and 1956.
- Leeds, however, has won the competition once (1972) and been beaten finalists three times.
- The Blues are just five points off the bottom three in the Championship, having suffered a huge number of injuries recently.
- A lack of players has forced Lee Clark to promote several youngsters to the first team. In a clash with table-toppers Cardiff earlier this month, their side featured no less than seven teenagers, including starlet Nathan Redmond (pictured right).
- The Whites made it to the quarterfinals of this season's Capital One Cup, beating Premier League sides Everton and Southampton on the way.
- This will be the fifth FA Cup meeting between Leeds and Birmingham; the Yorkshire club have won three of the previous four.
Top 3 Predictions
Birmingham 2-1 Leeds
- 15.91 %
Birmingham 1-2 Leeds
- 15.91 %
Birmingham 1-1 Leeds
- 9.09 %
|England - Championship (ENG2)||Oct 20, 2013||Leeds 4 - Birmingham 0|
|England - Championship (ENG2)||Apr 20, 2013||Birmingham 1 - Leeds 0|
|FA Cup (FA)||Jan 15, 2013||Birmingham 1 - Leeds 2|
|FA Cup (FA)||Jan 5, 2013||Leeds 1 - Birmingham 1|
|England - Championship (ENG2)||Oct 27, 2012||Leeds 0 - Birmingham 1|
|Apr 8, 2014||Middlesbrough 3 - Birmingham 1||ENG2|
|Apr 5, 2014||Doncaster Rovers 1 - Birmingham 3||ENG2|
|Mar 29, 2014||Birmingham 2 - Bournemouth 4||ENG2|
|Mar 25, 2014||Millwall 2 - Birmingham 3||ENG2|
|Mar 22, 2014||Birmingham 1 - Reading 2||ENG2|
|-||Davide Enrico Somma||Striker|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed