FA Cup Preview: Manchester City - Watford
The build-up to this tie has been dominated by a training ground bust-up between Roberto Mancini and Mario Balotelli, but the hosts must be wary of a dangerous Championship side.
By Husmukh Kerai
Zabaleta, Kompany, Nastasic, Clichy
Sinclair, Tevez, Milner
Hoban, Ekstrand, Neuton, Cassetti
Chalobah, Hogg, Abdi, Pudil
Roberto Mancini is likely to leave out Mario Balotelli after the two faced off in a training ground bust-up earlier this week, while Sergio Aguero (hamstring) is definitely out after suffering a hamstring injury against Stoke City.
Samir Nasri will miss the game because of a domestic three-match suspension following his red card against Norwich. Brothers Yaya and Kolo Toure will not take part in the tie either after joining up with the Ivory Coast national team this week for the African Cup of Nations.
Alexander Kolarov (groin), Maicon (knee), Micah Richards (knee) and Jack Rodwell (hamstring) all remain sidelined for City
Watford manager Gianfranco Zola has only two major doubts for the trip to the Etihad; Connor Smith (knee) and Fitz Hall (hamstring) both look set to miss out. Former Arsenal goalkeeper Manuel Almunia (hamstring) faces a late fitness test ahead of the match.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester City has won the FA Cup on five occasions, once under current manager Roberto Mancini in 2011.
- City has played a total of 141 home matches in the FA Cup, winning 82, drawing 32 and losing 30.
The hosts have won 13 and lost just two of their last 19 FA Cup clashes with sides from the second tier of English football.
- In two previous head-to-head FA Cup meetings, Watford progressed after two replays in 1986, while City won a fourth round game 4-1 in 1997.
- Both Premier League matches between Watford and Manchester City in the 2006-07 season ended in draws.
- Watford lost the 1984 FA Cup final 2-0 to Everton, the closest the club has ever come to winning the famous trophy.
- Watford weas eliminated by Premier League opposition last season in a narrow 1-0 defeat to Tottenham in the fourth round at Vicarage Road.
Matej Vydra (pictured) has scored four goals in his last two starts for Watford in all competitions.
Top 3 Predictions
Manchester City 3-0 Watford
- 11.83 %
Manchester City 4-0 Watford
- 7.76 %
Manchester City 0-8 Watford
- 7.56 %
|FA Cup (FA)||Jan 5, 2013||Manchester City 3 - Watford 0|
|Dec 17, 2013||Leicester 1 - Manchester City 3||CCUP|
|Dec 14, 2013||Manchester City 6 - Arsenal 3||EPL|
|Dec 10, 2013||Bayern 2 - Manchester City 3||UCL|
|Dec 7, 2013||Southampton 1 - Manchester City 1||EPL|
|Dec 4, 2013||West Bromwich 2 - Manchester City 3||EPL|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed