Champions League Preview: Barcelona - AC Milan
The Catalan giants will be aiming to pull off an historic comeback when they welcome the Rossoneri to Camp Nou for the second leg of their last-16 Champions League tie.
By Karthick Arvinth
Barcelona playmaker Xavi is available to face AC Milan on Tuesday after recovering from a thigh problem.
Goalkeeper Victor Valdes returns from a domestic ban, while stand-in coach Jordi Roura will also recall several players who were rested for the 2-0 win over Deportivo La Coruna.
Milan striker Giampaolo Pazzini has not made the trip to Spain after suffering a micro-fracture to his fibula in Friday's victory at Genoa, with M'Baye Niang, Bojan Krkic and Robinho all vying to replace the Italy international.
Philippe Mexes and Kevin-Prince Boateng should be fit to play despite carrying niggling injuries, while Mario Balotelli is cup-tied.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Barcelona is on a 19-match unbeaten run at Camp Nou in the Champions League, winning 15, since a 2-1 loss to Rubin Kazan in October 2009.
- The Blaugrana have won 11 of 24 ties in European competition in which they have lost the first leg away from home. However, no team in Champions League history has overturned a 2-0 first-leg defeat.
- Lionel Messi needs one more strike to overtake Ruud van Nistelrooy's record of 56 goals and become the second-highest scorer in Champions League history.
- AC Milan is unbeaten in Serie A in 2013, winning seven and drawing three.
- The seven-time European champion has already lost on Spanish soil this season - a 1-0 reverse at Malaga in the group stage. The team's overall away record against Spanish opposition is W4, D6, L13.
- Milan holds the unwanted record for the biggest first-leg lead squandered in the Champions League era, when its 4-1 advantage in the 2003-04 quarterfinals against Deportivo La Coruna was overturned by a 4-0 defeat in the return leg.
Top 3 Predictions
Barcelona 3-0 Milan
- 16.81 %
Barcelona 1-2 Milan
- 13.73 %
Barcelona 2-1 Milan
- 12.03 %
|UEFA Champions League (UCL)||Mar 12, 2013||Barcelona 4 - Milan 0|
|UEFA Champions League (UCL)||Feb 20, 2013||Milan 2 - Barcelona 0|
|UEFA Champions League (UCL)||Apr 3, 2012||Barcelona 3 - Milan 1|
|UEFA Champions League (UCL)||Mar 28, 2012||Milan 0 - Barcelona 0|
|UEFA Champions League (UCL)||Nov 23, 2011||Milan 2 - Barcelona 3|
|Jun 1, 2013||Barcelona 4 - Malaga 1||LIGA|
|May 26, 2013||Espanyol 0 - Barcelona 2||LIGA|
|May 19, 2013||Barcelona 2 - Valladolid 1||LIGA|
|May 12, 2013||Atletico Madrid 1 - Barcelona 2||LIGA|
|May 5, 2013||Barcelona 4 - Betis 2||LIGA|
|8||Andrés Iniesta Luján||Midfielder|
|13||José Pinto Colorado||Goalkeeper|
|92||Stephan El Shaarawy||Striker|
|2||Mattia De Sciglio||Defender|
|4||Sulley Ali Muntari||Midfielder|
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed