The Stamford Bridge manager will be keen for revenge against Sir Alex Ferguson's side after the Old Trafford club controversially took the points in the recent Premier League game
Azpillicueta, Cahill, Luiz, Bertrand
Moses, Marin, Mata
Vermijl, M Keane, Wooton, Buttner
Nani, Powell, Fletcher, Scholes, Anderson
Branislav Ivanovic and Fernando Torres will miss out for Chelsea after being sent off against Manchester United in the 3-2 Premier League defeat on Sunday.
Club captain John Terry is still banned after receiving a four-match suspension for racially abusing Anton Ferdinand.
Frank Lampard (calf) has no set return date, and will probably miss out on a chance to claim a starting position under Roberto Di Matteo.
Manchester United is still without captain Nemanja Vidic (knee) and Phil Jones (knee), while Chris Smalling (metatarsal) is likely to be in contention for a place against Arsenal on Saturday.
Sir Alex Ferguson may stick with the back line which featured against Newcastle in the last round of the Capital One Cup, with Scott Wootton, Michael Keane, Alexander Buttner and Marnick Vermiji set to feature.
Shinji Kagawa is definitely out for the visitors after picking up a knee injury against Braga.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chelsea won the last Capital One Cup clash between the two sides in 2005, coming out 2-1 winners over two legs.
- Manchester United has won three of the past four meetings between the sides, with no goalless draw in the league since 2007.
- Despite being top of the Premier League, Chelsea has now lost its last two games to Shakhtar Donetsk and Manchester United.
- United has been in front at halftime in only five of its 13 games this season, but has won all five matches.
- Chicharito (pictured) has scored in five of his eight games against Chelsea for the Red Devils, including his winner on Sunday.
- Sir Alex Ferguson's side has won its last five games in all competitions, three of them away from home.
- Neither side has kept a clean sheet in their last three games - Chelsea has conceded seven, and United six.
- Robin van Persie has scored six times at Stamford Bridge, a record for a visiting player.