Champions League Preview: Porto - Dynamo Kiev
Vitor Pereira's men are hoping to build on their convincing 1-0 win over Paris Saint-Germain on matchday two against the visitors, who are beginning to falter domestically
By Mohammed Ali
Danilo, Otamendi, Maicon, Miguel Lopes
Varela, Martinez, James
Danilo, Mykhalyk, Khacheridi, Taiwo
Harmash, Miguel Veloso
Yarmolenko, Kranjcar, Husyev
Porto boss Vitor Pereira is set to be without left back Alex Sandro, who is still recovering from a muscle injury, and will not be risked for the visit of the Ukrainian giants to the Estadio do Dragao, with Miguel Lopes expected to deputise.
Colombian striker James Rodriguez - scorer in the matchday two 1-0 win over Paris Saint-Germain is once more expected to lead the line in an unchanged front three.
Steven Defour is likely to return to the starting lineup ahead of Fernando, having been benched for the last two competitive fixtures.
Dinamo Kiev coach Oleg Blokhin is set to re-jig his faltering side, with Niko Kranjcar in line to replace Raffael in midfield, with the latter starting in the league defeat to Metalist Kharkiv.
Maksym Koval should regain his place in goal once more, with Denys Harmash also set to return. The Ukrainians have failed to win a game since their last Champions League outing against Dinamo Zagreb.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Porto is top of Group A with a 100 percent record thanks to wins over Dinamo Zagreb and Paris Saint-Germain.
- The Dragoes have kept a clean sheet in each of their last four Champions League encounters.
- Porto has won six and lost just one of its eight continental encounters against Ukrainian sides. That record includes three wins and a defeat to Dynamo Kiev.
- Dynamo Kiev recorded a 2-0 win over Dinamo Zagreb last time out, having lost its first game against PSG 4-1.
- The Ukrainian side beat Porto in Portugal at this stage in 2008, which was also its last away win in the competition in 15 attempts.
- Dynamo's last group stage campaign saw draws on the road against Rubin Kazan and Inter, before losing 2-0 to Barcelona.
Top 3 Predictions
Porto 2-0 Dynamo Kiev
- 30.2 %
Porto 2-1 Dynamo Kiev
- 12.75 %
Porto 3-1 Dynamo Kiev
- 10.4 %
|UEFA Champions League (UCL)||Nov 6, 2012||Dynamo Kiev 0 - Porto 0|
|UEFA Champions League (UCL)||Oct 24, 2012||Porto 3 - Dynamo Kiev 2|
|UEFA Champions League (UCL)||Nov 5, 2008||Dynamo Kiev 1 - Porto 2|
|UEFA Champions League (UCL)||Oct 21, 2008||Porto 0 - Dynamo Kiev 1|
|Dec 7, 2013||Porto 2 - Braga 0||POR1|
|Nov 30, 2013||Academica 1 - Porto 0||POR1|
|Nov 26, 2013||Porto 1 - Austria Wien 1||UCL|
|Nov 23, 2013||Porto 1 - CD Nacional 1||POR1|
|Nov 6, 2013||Zenit 1 - Porto 1||UCL|
|4||Maicon Pereira Roque||Defender|
|-||Christian Twasam Atsu||Striker|
|25||Haruna Abdulkarim Lukman||Midfielder|