Serie A Preview: Juventus-Fiorentina
With the Serie A leader set to continue its Champions League campaign on Tuesday, three points would be the perfect tonic to kick-start four crucial days.
By Alec Fenn
Barzagli, Marrone, Caceres
Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba, De Ceglie
Roncaglia, Rodriguez, Savic
Cuadrado, Romulo, Pizarro, Valero, Pasqual
Juventus displayed its battling qualities at just the right time last Saturday, as it defeated Chievo 2-1 and it will need much more of the same over the course of the next seven days.
With the Bianconeri resuming Champions League duties with a last 16 clash against Celtic on Tuesday, Fiorentina is a domestic obstacle it must first overcome.
Viola and head coach Vincenzo Montella have received plaudits for their season so far, with the club in sixth spot on 39 points going into the weekend, but Juve will still be confident of seeing off the Florence outfit and maintaining its three-point advantage at the top of the table.
Giorgio Chiellini, Simone Pepe and Nicklas Bendtner are all absent through injury, while Leonardo Bonucci serves the final game of a two-match ban.
Fiorentina will be without Matias Fernandez, Michele Camporese, Giuseppe Rossi and Ahmed Hegazy, as they look to build on a solid 2-0 victory over Parma in its last outing.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Juventus is undefeated in 35 of its last 38 matches in Serie A.
- The Bianconeri are also unbeaten in their last nine games against Fiorentina in all competitions.
- The last clash between the two sides ended in a drab 0-0 draw in Florence back in September.
- Juve has won three, drawn two and lost one of its last five league games.
- Viola possess the highest scorer of any player in both sides, with Stevan Jovetic finding the back of the net nine times this season.
- On average, there have been over 2.5 goals scored in Fiorentina's last six away games in Serie A.
- Midfielder Borja Valero has eight assists to his name from midfield. Arturo Vidal has set up six of his side's goals this season.
Top 3 Predictions
Juventus 2-0 Fiorentina
- 21.57 %
Juventus 3-0 Fiorentina
- 12.87 %
Juventus 2-1 Fiorentina
- 12.78 %
|Europa League (EL)||Mar 13, 2014||Juventus 1 - Fiorentina 1|
|Serie A (SR-A)||Mar 9, 2014||Juventus 1 - Fiorentina 0|
|Serie A (SR-A)||Oct 20, 2013||Fiorentina 4 - Juventus 2|
|Serie A (SR-A)||Feb 9, 2013||Juventus 2 - Fiorentina 0|
|Serie A (SR-A)||Sep 25, 2012||Fiorentina 0 - Juventus 0|
|Mar 13, 2014||Juventus 1 - Fiorentina 1||EL|
|Mar 9, 2014||Juventus 1 - Fiorentina 0||SR-A|
|Mar 2, 2014||Milan 0 - Juventus 2||SR-A|
|Feb 27, 2014||Trabzonspor 0 - Juventus 2||EL|
|Feb 23, 2014||Juventus 1 - Torino 0||SR-A|
|11||Paolo De Ceglie||Defender|
|24||Mounir El Hamdaoui||Striker|
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed