Bundesliga Preview: Bayer Leverkusen - Bayern Munich
Jupp Heynckes' side slumped to a 2-1 defeat to Leverkusen earlier this season and will be all the more eager to bounce back after their loss to Arsenal in the Champions League.
By Enis Koylu
Carvajal, Wollscheid, Schwaab, Kadlec
Bender, Reinartz, Rolfes
Castro, Kiessling, Schurrle
Lahm, Van Buyten, Dante, Alaba
Muller, Kroos, Robben
Bayern Munich is expected to make two changes from the team that lost 2-0 at home to Arsenal on Wednesday. Bastian Schweinsteiger is available again after his continental suspension and will replace Luiz Gustavo in midfield.
Elsewhere, Mario Gomez could come back into the starting XI in the place of Mario Mandzukic, whose form has trailed off in recent weeks. Holger Badstuber remains sidelined, while Franck Ribery is lacking fitness.
Meanwhile, Leverkusen will be sweating over the fitness of Omer Toprak, who was forced out of the game against Stuttgart with a knee injury two weeks ago, and missed the trip to Mainz.
The only absence is Karim Bellarabi, who is unfit, while Sebastian Boenisch may slot back in on the left-hand side of defense instead of Michal Kadlec.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Leverkusen have won their last two games against Bayern, recording a 2-0 triumph at the BayArena last season and a 2-1 win in Bavaria this term.
- Lars Bender (pictured, right) is set to make his 100th league appearance for Leverkusen after being handed his debut for the club by current Bayern coach Jupp Heynckes.
- Heynckes had the same points-per-game rate at Leverkusen as current co-coaches Sascha Lewandowski and Sami Hyypia.
- Bayern Munich's 20-point lead at the top of the Bundesliga is the largest the division has ever seen.
- The Bavarians are chasing a Bundesliga record 12th away win on Saturday.
- A point at the BayArena would see them confirm their place in next season's Champions League with eight games to spare.
Top 3 Predictions
Leverkusen 0-2 Bayern
- 15.08 %
Leverkusen 1-2 Bayern
- 14 %
Leverkusen 1-3 Bayern
- 12.15 %
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Mar 15, 2014||Bayern 2 - Leverkusen 1|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Oct 5, 2013||Leverkusen 1 - Bayern 1|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Mar 16, 2013||Leverkusen 1 - Bayern 2|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Oct 28, 2012||Bayern 1 - Leverkusen 2|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Mar 3, 2012||Leverkusen 2 - Bayern 0|
|Apr 13, 2014||Leverkusen 2 - Hertha BSC 1||BUN|
|Apr 4, 2014||Hamburger 2 - Leverkusen 1||BUN|
|Mar 29, 2014||Leverkusen 1 - Eintracht Braunschweig 1||BUN|
|Mar 26, 2014||FC Augsburg 1 - Leverkusen 3||BUN|
|Mar 23, 2014||Leverkusen 2 - TSG Hoffenheim 3||BUN|
|5||Daniel Van Buyten||Defender|
|34||Pierre Emil Højbjerg||Midfielder|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed